Friday, April 06, 2012

Bawal Power

Haha... I'm back! Omg.. it's been so long! not that i haven't been eating out. I just didn't feel like writing lately. Been doing a whole lot of tweeting though ;) anyway that's how I found this place. It's actually a stall at Uptown Damansara right behind Bintang Henry, near Ali Baba and Sizzler. It also has 2 other outlets in Kota Damansara and Ampang. Never been there. Uptown's the closest to me. 

The name says it all. Their signature dish is Bawal or I think it's Pomfret fish in English. Marinated in tumeric and salt, then deep fried to perfection. A set of Bawal means you're getting the fried pomfret, with a plate of rice, some very fresh ulam/salad, really "kaw" curry, shallots in soy sauce and the potent sambal belacan. A set costs you RM10. I've been there 3 times, and I only ordered Bawal set. But they also sell sotong bakar set (grilled squid set), fried keli (catfish), and fried chicken for those who don't eat Bawal. 

I've tasted the sotong bakar set, I ate it off my friend's plate ;p, and it tastes gooooood... another friend tried the fried chicken and he loved it. I guess anything deep friend is good ;p 

Deep fried Pomfret with rice, sweet soy sauce and curry .. I felt at home instantly!

fried chicken ... nice he said .. just the way he likes it

this is what you get when you order ;) 

No comments: